Where critical incidents have taken place, we offer retailers a service to help staff who have been affected to overcome difficulties and get back to their normal lives quickly.
If you, your staff, your management or your brand have been affected by the riots in the UK, read this document for managers, and this document for staff about dealing with traumatic incidents.
In the event of critical incidents, our Helpline team is available to provide advice and support to retailers free of charge, and if needed, free short term counselling services to individuals. If a retailer requires on-site support, this is provided at cost to our EAP partners.
What is a critical incident?
A critical incident occurs when people experience a threat to their own or someone else’s life or safety, or an actual injury or loss of life. These events can have a psychological impact on your staff and cause trauma which can disrupt their normal life.
The Retail Trust CIS service aims to:
• Help managers and staff return to normal life after an incident
(4 to 6 weeks after an event)
• Explain exactly what happened during the incident
• Give information about emotional reactions after a traumatic
• Reduce emotional distress by listening and talking
• Explain and provide the additional support that is available
The Retail Trust Critical Incident Support incorporates:
• 24/7 phone support for employees
• Telephone support and guidance for managers
• Psycho-educational materials
• Trauma Specialist to attend on-site
• Individual counselling
From 1 March 2011 retailers requesting Retail Trust’s on-site Critical Incident Support will be charged a fee as skilled Trauma Specialists who attend on-site incur a significant cost to the charity.
| Per Trauma Specialist On Site
|Full Day||Half Day|
|Non EAP Partner Rate*||£1,500||£800|
|EAP Partner Rate||£750||£550|
Plus expenses and travel at cost.
*Non EAP Partners using this service can offset the cost, if choosing to become an EAP partner and making payment within three months.
We have a range of services to help people working within retail. Search here for more information.