Part-time/Permanent - 14 hours per week
£9.50 per hour
From 1832 onwards, the Retail Trust has been caring for and protecting the lives of people working in retail. We believe the health of our colleagues is the foundation they need to flourish in both work and life, creating a more sustainable and successful future for retail. Join our charity and together we can transform lives for good.
We provide a much-needed safe haven and happy community in our five supported-living estates across the UK. We have built communities where the over 55s can thrive, maintain their health, retain their independence, and get help when needed. With access to the latest smart home technology in our new digitally-enabled properties, our residents are able to fully enjoy the highest quality of life in their later years.
We are looking for an incredible person to join our established supported living team based at Moore’s House in Liverpool. If you are an empathetic and a creative individual, we want to hear from you!
Your role will be to provide residents, who are usually unable to enjoy a meaningful social life, with a broad range of activities and entertainment. You will play a key role in building quality relationships with residents, relatives, volunteers and the community to encourage their involvement in planning the activities programme.
This is a very much a people-focused and hands-on role where you will be engaging with the residents on a regular basis. Duties includes, but are not limited to:
- Devising and proposing an activities programme for approval by the estate manager in order to provide a range of activities and entertainment for all residents.
- Formulating an activity profile for each resident, taking into account the physical, emotional and cognitive needs of each resident.
- Developing effective links with local community groups.
- Planning daily activities for residents so that wherever possible, all residents can be given the choice to participate in some activity, including meaningful activities for residents who experience cognitive impairment.
- Arranging publicity for functions and entertainment ensuring that all residents are aware of the activities programme.
Our ideal activities organiser will have experience of supporting the elderly (this could also be voluntary or in a personal capacity), ideally with knowledge and ability in arranging stimulating and interesting activities. The activities organiser will have a nature that is patient and compassionate with a firm and fair approach to the needs of our residents. The successful applicant will enjoy working as part of our small dedicated team, but be able to working independently and using their own initiative. They must be flexible as they will be expected to work on a rota basis.
At the Retail Trust we offer the following employee benefits:
- A pension scheme of up to 9% employer contributions
- Life assurance of four times your salary
- A health cash plan, allowing you to claim back on the cost of a number of services such as optical, dental, medical.
- Access to a free counselling and support phoneline
- The day off to celebrate your birthday.
The role is subject to sufficient references and DBS check.
Further information about our support can be found at Moore’s House, Liverpool | Information | Retail Trust
To apply for this role, please send your up-to-date CV.
No recruitment agencies please.