Part-time/Permanent – 21 hours per week,
3 days per week (Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm)
£25,000 per annum
From 1832 onwards, the Retail Trust has been caring for and protecting the lives of people working in retail. We believe the health of our colleagues is the foundation they need to flourish in both work and life, creating a more sustainable and successful future for retail. Join our charity and together we can transform lives for good.
We are looking for a BACP, NCS or UKCP Registered Telephone Counsellor with helpline experience to join our growing team.
You will provide a pivotal role in supporting clients on our wellbeing helpline. Working within an EAP setting, key duties will include supporting individuals who may be at risk, using Client centred skills, to assess and provide appropriate support including onward referral / signposting to other services provided by Retail Trust and / or other specialist agencies or organisations.
Key tasks include:
- Answering client calls in a timely manner
- Responding to client’s email, text or interactive chat messages
- Carrying out a telephone assessment of client needs and risk
- Providing advice and one-off counselling single session support and refer to other services as appropriate
- Referring and signposting clients to a range of other services
- Ensuring that all client related activities are recorded accurately and appropriately on our systems
- Ensuring that any risk issues are appropriately managed and escalated
- Demonstrating excellent communication within the teams
- Participating in training and development opportunities provided
- Taking ownership for your CPD and maintaining your professional registration
- Supporting other tasks in relation to developing our service when required
- Working closely with our third-party service providers, clinical managers, relationship managers as well as the wider commercial and clinical world.
Ultimately, you’ll play a pivotal role in developing the service, ensuring delivery of a safe and effective service to support individuals seeking support through the trust. Retail trust are committed to and encourages equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- BACP/NCS/UKCP registration or accreditation
- Previous experience working on a similar high-volume telephone counselling service
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Recognised Counselling qualification (Diploma/advanced).
At Retail Trust we provide flexible working options for all employees and benefits include:
- A pension scheme of up to 9% employer contributions
- Life assurance of four times your salary
- A health cash plan, allowing you to claim back on the cost of a number of services such as optical, dental, medical
- The day off to celebrate your birthday
- Time of for paid supervision
- Professional membership paid (pro rata).
The role is subject to sufficient references and DBS.
Further information about our support can be found at Your Health and Wellbeing | Retail Trust
To apply for this role, please send your up-to-date CV.
No recruitment agencies please.