£12,260.00 (£18,564 full time equivalent)
25 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 8am – 1pm)
Moores House, Liverpool
Are you looking to work for an organisation with a real purpose – one where there is no limit to fresh ideas and discovering what’s next?
Join us at the Retail Trust.
As the charity for everyone in retail, our cause is to create, hope and health and happiness for everyone in retail. Yes, that’s right, everyone. That’s more than three million retail colleagues and their families. And you can help to achieve that mission.
We’re on a journey of transformation building on what our founders developed 190 years ago and are moving at astronomical pace. We’re looking for individuals who possess high energy and passion, and are all-in, collaborative and forward-thinking. The opportunity for personal and professional growth is momentous.
We are looking for a committed individual to join our Moore’s House team at our Liverpool Estate. You will support the Senior Maintenance and Compliance manager and Estate Manager, ensuring that standards of maintenance and health and safety are maintained, making it a safe environment for our residents and staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking maintenance tasks, utilising your trade skills when required.
- Being aware of and reporting any matters relating to the condition of the estate property that may require attention.
- Painting, decorating where required.
- Undertaking minor repairs when required.
- Assisting in the inventory of equipment, ensuring stock is replenish in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the cleaning of walls, ceilings, extractor hoods as well as the movement of furniture and equipment.
- Completing weekly tests and checks of the fire alarm systems and equipment.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a maintenance role, or similar.
- A trade qualification would be desired, but it is not essential.
- Sensitive to the needs and concerns of elderly people living on the estate.
- Ability to be aware of health and safety and fire precaution procedures.
- Enthusiasm to undertake training where required, such as moving and handling, fire safety and first aid.
- Flexibility and willingness to cover holidays where required and attending the estate in an emergency.
- Proficient in oral and written communication, building effective relationships with residents, colleagues and external organisations.
- Ability to be aware of and use safe working practices.
You will require a calm personality, working accurately and neatly to solve daily maintenance issues in a timely manner. This role is subject to appropriate DBS check.
We look after you by providing you with:
- A pension scheme of up to 9% employer contributions.
- Market-leading wellbeing and perks package which includes:
- Life assurance of four times your salary.
- A health cash plan, allowing you to claim back on the cost of a number of services such as optical, dental, medical.
- Access to a free counselling and support phoneline.
- The day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Enhanced family friendly benefits including up to ten days compassionate leave per year, three months full maternity pay, and two weeks full paternity pay.
If you are interested in working for a dynamic organisation that transforms lives for good, we want to hear from you.
To apply for this role, please send your up-to-date CV.
No recruitment agencies please.