This looks like a huge list, don’t worry, you won’t need it all, just the documentation that is relevant to you.

To start the process, you don’t need all the paperwork to hand, but it will speed up your application process if you have it ready to upload. If not don’t worry, you can begin to fill in the form saving it as you go, then upload the relevant paperwork before confirming your application.

But remember, to get an application approved, you will need to provide the supporting documentation within ten days or your application will be automatically rejected. It’s good to get a head start in collating it now as it may take a bit of time get it all together.

We only require copies of these documents so we can accept photocopies or photographs of the documents. All documents must be dated within the three months prior to your application.

And remember that failure to upload your documentation will result in your application being automatically rejected.

Financial aid

Proof of retail employment 


Your last three payslips.


If self-employed, provide your company registration number and three years of filed tax returns.


An occupational pension slip where it relates to retail service or a bank statement showing receipt of a retail pension.


A letter from your previous employer confirming your dates of employment on company letter headed paper or sent via company email address and three years P60s.

Proof of income and expenditure 

All documents must be dated within the three months prior to your application and uploaded to validate your application:

  • PDF copy of your most recent bank statement, dated within the last 90 days – showing your name, address, opening and closing balance and all transactions within the period covered by the statement.  
  • Letter of entitlement for benefits that you or a member of your household is receiving.

Proof of need (examples) 

All documents must be dated within the three months prior to your application and uploaded to validate your application.

  • Help with bills: we require a copy of these bills (reflecting your name, address and amount owing).
  • Help with paying suppliers: we require quotes from suppliers for any goods or services.
  • Illness or disability: we require a doctor’s letter in support of your application, or an occupational therapist’s report.
  • Help with debt: we require a supporting letter from an agency such as Citizens Advice, other debt management organisation or debt charity, confirming how you are already actively managing your debts and any recommended debt solutions.

Proof of authorisation (case worker applications only)

If you are a case worker applying on behalf of an applicant you will also need to upload signed consent to confirm that you have the client’s authorisation to apply on their behalf.

I understand that failure to upload required documentation within ten days will result in the application being automatically closed.

Agree and continue