This looks like a huge list, don’t worry, you won’t need it all, just the documentation that is relevant to you.
To start the process, you don’t need all the paperwork to hand, but it will speed up your application process if you have it ready to upload If not don’t worry you can begin to fill in the form saving it as you go, then upload the relevant paperwork before confirming your application.
But remember, to get approved support, you will need to provide the supporting documentation within ten days or else your application will be automatically rejected. It’s good to get a head start in collating it now as it may take a bit of time get it all together.
We only require copies of these documents so we can accept photocopies or photographs of the documents. All documents must be dated within the three months prior to your application.
And remember that failure to upload your documentation will result in your application being automatically rejected.
Proof of retail employment
Three recent payslips, if currently working in the retail sector
A letter from your current or most recent employer confirming your dates of employment on company letter headed paper or sent via company email address.
If self-employed, provide your company registration number
Filed tax return.
An occupational pension slip where it relates to retail service or a bank statement showing receipt of a retail pension
A letter from your previous employer confirming your dates of employment on company letter headed paper or sent via company email address
Proof of retail employment on company letter headed paper or sent via company email address.
Proof of income and expenditure
All documents must be dated within the three months prior to your application and uploaded to validate your application:
- Copy of your most recent bank statement – showing your name, address, opening and closing balance and all transactions within the period covered by the statement
- Letter of entitlement for benefits you or a member of your household is receiving.
Proof of need (examples)
All documents must be dated within the three months prior to your application and uploaded to validate your application.
- Help with bills, we require a copy of these bills.
- Help with household furniture or services, we require suppliers’ quotes for any goods or services.
- Illness or disability, we require a doctor’s letter in support of your application, or an occupational therapist’s report.
- Help with debt, we require a supporting letter from an agency such as Citizens Advice, other debt management organisation or debt charity, confirming how you are already actively managing your debts and any recommended debt solutions.
I understand that failure to upload my documentation within ten days will result in my application being automatically closed.